28 Mar Embrace the Year of Sustainable Tourism
2017 has been designated as the Year of Sustainable Tourism by the United Nations.
This is a unique opportunity to raise awareness of the contribution of sustainable tourism to development among public and private sector decision-makers and the public, while mobilizing all stakeholders to work together in making tourism a catalyst for positive change.
The UN defines Sustainable Tourism as that which promotes:
- Inclusive and sustainable economic growth
- Social inclusiveness, employment and poverty reduction
- Resource efficiency, environmental protection and climate change
- Cultural values, diversity and heritage
- Mutual understanding, peace and security